ABOUT APICS PEEL
The Peel Chapter of APICS was formed in 1990 in order to accommodate the growing number of resource management professionals working and/or living in the Region of Peel. Since its inception, the Peel Chapter has seen rapid growth in terms of educational offerings, professional development meeting attendance and membership. Peel Chapter is part of the Canadian District of APICS.
APICS — The Association for Operations Management is a not-for-profit international educational organization respected throughout the world for its education and professional certification programs. With more than 70,000 individual and corporate members in 20,000 companies worldwide, APICS is dedicated to using education to improve the business bottom line.
APICS is recognized globally as:
- the source of knowledge and expertise for manufacturing and service industries across the entire supply chain in such areas as materials management, information services, purchasing and quality.
- the leading provider of high-quality, cutting-edge educational programs that advance organizational success in a changing, competitive marketplace.
- a successful developer of the following internationally recognized certification programs: Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) , Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution Credential Program (CLTD) and Principles of Operations Management (POM).
- a distribution center for hundreds of business management publications and educational materials.
- a source of solutions, support, and networking local chapters, workshops, symposia, and the annual APICS International Conference and Exposition.
Founded in 1957 as the American Production and Inventory Control Society, APICS has since expanded its focus to include a full range of programs and materials on individual and organizational education, standards of excellence, and integrated resource management. To reflect this new direction, we are now known as APICS — The Association for Operations Management.